Blueberry Tea Bread (Cake)
This is a great recipe for an easy dessert, snack or breakfast. It takes no time to put together, sort of like a
quick bread. There is also a glaze recipe in the Options below.
• 1 egg
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1½ cups cake flour, sift before measuring
• 2 Tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¾ cup salt
• ½ cup milk
• 3 Tbsp butter, melted
• 1 tsp good vanilla extract
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a shall baking dish,
11 x 7 x 1½ inches, or equivalent*. Gather all ingredients
you need before starting.
1. In medium bowl, beat egg and gradually add sugar while
beating until mixyure is smooth, light and fluffy.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together
in small bowl; alternately add with milk to egg mixture,
beating after each addition.
3. After batter is well mixed, add melted butter and vanilla;
gently fold in blueberries.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth the top;
Place in oven; bake for 25 minutes or until top springs
back when lightly touched.
5. Remove from oven; place on wire rack to cool.
Thiis recipe makes about 8 servings.
• Try making these in mini muffin pans or a loaf pan.
• For a glaze, mix 1 cup confectioner's sugar with1 Tbsp soft
butter and enough milk to make it spreadable.
blueberry tea bread, blueberry tea cake