Tiny Coconut Cakes Makes 12
1 cup sugar
½ cup unsalted butter softened (1 stick)
2 large eggs
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened coconut
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 18x13-inch baking sheet; line bottom with parchment paper. You will need a 2½-inch
1. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, scraping bowl often. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
well after each addition. Stir in extracts.
2. In a medium bowl, blend the flour, coconut, baking powder and salt. At low speed, add the flour mixture to the
butter mixture, alternating with coconut mik; end with flour mixture. Beat each addition just until combined. Pour
the batter mixture into the prepared pan; smooth top.
3. Bake 15 minutes; check for doneness by inserting toothpaste in the center. Cool in the pan.
4. Using cutter, cut 36 rounds from the cake; freeze or discard scraps.
5. Using the White Chocolate Buttercream, pipe a thin layer of buttercream onto 12 rounds; place another round on
top of those, pipe another layer of buttercream on top; top with the remaining 12 cake rounds, pipe an open star
design on top of those.
tiny coconut cakes, coconut cakes