This recipe is super simple and delicious, with many uses. It can be used as a spread, dip, or sandwich. I like to make a sandwich and add dill pickle chips. The recipe can be easily halved, which I do most of the time since usually there is only the two of us.
• 1 box (16 oz) Velvetta original cheese
• 2 cups (8 oz) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1 jar (4 oz) diced pimentos
• 1 cup mayonnaise (I've always used Duke's)
• Sea salt & black pepper; taste before adding
Chill the Velvetta in the freezer for 15 minutes (no more) before grating.
1. Using a grater with large holes, shred the Velvetta into a large bowl. I have successfully used the food processor for this step. The Velvetta is meant to be a little creamy.
2. Stir in the Cheddar cheese and pimentos; add mayonnaise and fold in until the mixture is creamy.
3. You can serve right away or refrigerate until needed.
• Make a sandwich (great toasted), or serve with crackers, as a
topper for cocktail bread or cut-up with fresh veggies.
• Use pimento cheese to make stuffed celery sticks for a tasty appetizer.
• Add a half a diced jalapeno to the mix for a kick (or more to suit your taste).
• Add bacon, lettuce and tomato for the ultimate sandwich! Soooo good!
• If you need to thin, add a little more mayo.
pimento cheese, best pimento cheese, pimento spread