Spinach & Artichoke Dip
The first time I had Spinach Artichoke Dip was at a Christmas party a zillion years ago. It was so good and was definitely homemade. This recipe is the closest to that dish and it is simple, easy to make, and delicious. I like dips that have substance to them or small chunks of the ingredients. This one is no exception. I cut the artichoke hearts into ¾-inch pieces.
I love this recipe because all the ingredients go into a crockpot and in
1 hour, it's ready!
• 8 oz mayonnaise
• 16 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 8 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
• 8 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (see tip below)
• 8 oz chopped spinach
(if frozen, thaw, then drain by squeezing)
• 1 red pepper, seed and finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• You will need a small crockpot to use for cooking.
It can be used for serving too.
1. Place all ingredients in crockpot; mix thoroughly, but gently.
2. Cover; cook on high for 1 hour or until cheese is melted.
3. Mix again; transfer to serving dish; serve with toast points, crackers or pita bread.
• If your serving dish is ovenproof, place the dip under the broiler just briefly to get some color on top.
• I like to chop the spinach and artichoke hearts into ¾-inch pieces. The presentation of the dish looks so much better and easier to eat.
spinach artichoke dip, best spinach artichoke dip