Crazy Green Beans
My grandchildren have always loved this recipe. It contains bacon, and they LOVE bacon, and it's colorful. The fact
that it also contained tiny pearl onions didn't bother them (tiny is the keyword here). It really doesn't take long to put
together if you have all the ingredients. You can use fresh beans if you like but I use canned green beans for
convenience. can my own beans but I do buy store brands when they're on sale.
• 6 bacon slices
• 1½ cups frozen pearl onions, thawed and dried
• 2 cans green beans (14.25 oz), only drain 1 can
• 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped (mixed colors would be nice)
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp black pepper
1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until golden brown; place bacon on paper towels; remove all but
1½ tablespoons drippings.
2. Add pearl onions and chopped peppers to skillet; cook until peppers and onions start to caramelize.
Add green beans, combine and continue to cook, stirring often, until most of the water is cooked. They are best
when most of the moisture is cooked out.
• Some grocery stores now offer colorful diced peppers in plastic containers. These work great, and it's
so easy to freeze what you don't use.
green beans, crazy green beans