Southern Fruit Salad Serves 6
Some call it ambrosia, or maybe Waldorf salad, but to me, it will always be the basic fruit salad. Not overly fancy even though it can be dressed up a little. You can add a little more or use less
of any of the fruit or nuts. Add toasted walnuts if you prefer instead of pecans.
• 3 oranges, segmented with no white
• 3 apples, like Fuji, Gala or Honey Crisp
• ½ cup whole pecans, toasted at 350°F for 8 minutes
• ½ cup whole marachino cherries, no pits or stems
• 1 cup miniature marshmallows
• ½ cup grated coconut (optional)
• ½ to ¾ cup mayonnaise
1. Place the oranges in a medium bowl; add apples pieces and toss well.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and fold in gently; chill; toss before serving.
fruit salad, ambrosia