Layered Salad 8 servings
1 head of lettuce, chopped or torn into 1-inch pieces
½ cup green onions, thin slices
½ cup green pepper, ½-inch dice
½ cup celery, ¼-inch slices
1 (10-ounce) pkg frozen green peas
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 cups mayonnaise
2 tsp sugar
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1. Using one half of each ingredient at a time, layer in a salad bowl.
Repeat layers ending with the mayo, cheese and bacon.
2. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
• You can make the salad Southwestern by adding roasted
corn instead of peas, green chilis instead of green
pepper, black beans, corn chips instead of bacon, and so on.
• You can add layers of drained pineapple bits, kiwi and mandarin oranges.
• Use a glass bowl to show the salad layers (like this one).
Clear glasses work well for individual servings.
• Clear plastic glasses work well when entertaining outdoors.
layered salad, best layered salad, layered salad ideas