Flank Steak Marinade
The flank steak was once considered a cheap cut of meat, as far as steak goes. These days, "cheap" definitely is not the word of choice, but with a good marinade, it becomes a delicious piece of meat. I like to marinate flank steak overnight and usually grill it for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. I like mine more done than most people.
• 1 flank steak, well trimmed (size is up to you)
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 2 Tbsp brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 6 Tbsp of a good cooking oil
1. Marinate steak at least 4 hours; overnight is best.
2. Save the excess marinade (not used on steak) and heat to serve with cooked steak.
3. Grill each side from 8 to 10 minutes, depending on preference of doneness. I would not grill each side more than 10 minutes. After grilling, wrap in foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
flank steak marinade, meat marinade, beef marinade