Roasted Cabbage Steaks (slices)
One of my good friends told me about this recipe many years ago. She knew I would like it because it's simple and good for you. I like cabbage in almost any way, shape, or form and this is one of my favorites.
• 1 head cabbage
• Olive Oil
• Seasonings of choice (see options below)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking pan with foil and brush with olive oil.
1. Wash and remove the outer leaves of the cabbage. Trim stem even
2. Cut cabbage into about 1¼ inch steaks from top to stem end. Brush
both sides with olive oil and season with granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until edges and browned and crispy.
• A dash of cayenne pepper adds a little zip of flavor.
• After cooking, pour some of your favorite dressing over the steaks.