Best Breakfast Casserole 10 servings
• 8 slices of bread, crumbled up
• 8 oz Swiss cheese, grated
• 1 lb bacon, fried* and crumbled
• 8 oz mushrooms, chopped, sauteed in a bit of bacon fat
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 8 oz Cheddar cheese, grated
• 8 eggs
• 2 cups of milk
• 1½ cups half and half
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp seasoned salt
• 1 tsp dry mustard
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Grease a 9-x-13 dish.
1. Pack crumbled bread into the bottom of the dish; place bacon, Swiss cheese,
sauteed mushrooms and onions over bread.
2. Beat eggs until light and fluffy; add milk, half and half, and seasonings.;
pour over other ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F; bake uncovered for 1 hour. Let it sit for 15 minutes
*Bake or fry bacon until done, not overly crisp. It can be cut with scissors
if it needs it.
best breakfast casserole, breakfast quiche casserole