I love bread with butter. Maybe it's a Southern thing,
but I grew up with bread at every meal and there was
always butter on the table. Even when margarine
came along, we still had butter to spread on our bread.
And even though butter is still at the top of my list,
I've been using other spreads to enhance my lowly piece
of bread (or rolls). You can also enjoy them on waffles and
some of them make great toppings for tea
sandwiches. FYI, keep refrigerated when not using.
• Whipped Cinnamon Butter: In a small bowl, beat 1 cup room temperature butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
and ¼ cup brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy and sugar is dissolved. Makes 1 cup.
• Whipped Honey-Orange Butter: In a small bowl, beat 1 cup room temperature butter, 2 tablespoons
honey and 2 teaspoons grated orange peel on medium speed until fluffy. Freshly grated orange peel is
• Lemon-Cream Cheese Spread: In a small bowl, beat 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese, 1
tablespoon powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice until fluffy.
• Whipped Garlic Butter: In a small bowl, beat 1 cup room temperature butter, ½ teaspoon garlic powder
and ½ teaspoon sea salt until fluffy. You can also add ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
• Whipped Fruit-Cream Cheese Spread: In a small bowl, beat 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese,
and your choice of 2 to 3 tablespoons of seedless jam, like strawberry or blueberry. Orange
marmalade (chopped a little) works great too.
fruit spread, garlic butter