Wine & Cheese Bread Makes 1 round loaf
This is one of the best artisanal breads that I've ever made. It's great for a cocktail party or a wine and cheese
together (hence the name)!
• 3 cups unbleached flour, divided
• 1 pkg dry yeast (not rapid-rise)
• ½ cup dry white wine
• ½ cup butter
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 3 eggs, beaten well
• 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, , shredded
You will need a 10-inch greased pie plate.
1. Combine 1½ cups flour with the yeast; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the wine, butter, sugar and salt until warm. Not too hot or it will kill the yeast!
3. Pour into the flour and yeast mixture; mix; add eggs; beat at low for about ½ minute, then beat on high for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in cheese and enought flour to make a soft dough; knead on floured surface for 5 minutes.
5. Place in greased bowl; cover; let rise in warm place for an hour (or doubled in bulk); punch down.
6. Shape into a round; place in pie plate; cover and let rise about 45 minutes.
7. Bake in 375°F oven about 40 minutes. You may need to cover with foil the last 20 or so minutes.
This recipe, like many of the others on my site, are interesting to make. I have not tried to make this recipe on my bread
machine but plan on doing so soon. Follow the instructions on your bread machine, using softened butter, warm
wine and room temperature eggs.
wine and cheese bread, artisanal bread