Old Bay Party Nuts
This simple recipe can be used with any kind of raw nuts-Brazil, pecan or walnut halves, cashew and even peanuts. I leave out the peanuts, especially if I am doing these as a gift. It's also easily doubled or tripled.
• 2 Tbsp butter, melted (I use clarified butter)
• 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
• 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ¼ tsp hot sauce (or to taste, goes a long way)
• 2 cups pecan halves (or any combination to equal 2 cups)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line flat baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
1. Thoroughly stir together together first 5 ingredients; add nuts and toss gently. Place nuts on prepared pan.
2. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring twice in the first 20 minutes, turn off oven for last 10 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in a cool area.
• These are best made a few days before using.
old bay party nuts,
These make a great nutritious snack or a topping for a salad! They are always a topic of conversation at a party, especially if you make them in several flavors. They are packed full of protein too!
• 1½ cups cooked or canned chickpeas, drained; rinsed
• Olive oil
• Sea salt
• Spices such as smoked papricka, garlic powder or any flavor you like
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lina a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Spread the chickpeas on 2 kitchen towels; pat dry; remove any loose skins.
2. Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and toss; sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden and crispy. A little more time may be necessary until they are nice
4. Lightly sprinkle with spices while warm. Enjoy within 2 days. Best stored in loosely covered container.
roasted chickpeas, chickpeas