Mango & Pomegranate Salsa
If you want a simple and colorful appetizer, this is for you. It
is so easy to put together and it makes a very colorful appetizer.
About the Ingredients
• Mango-If 1 mango isn't enough, use 2. The amount of ingredients
in this recipe is up to you.
• Pineapple-Fresh is best. Most food stores now offer fresh
pineapple cut up in large cubes or slices.
• Pomegranate seeds-Usually the seeds of 1 pomegranate.
• Sweet peppers-I like to use the red and green ones for color!
• Cilantro-Clean thoroughly, dry and chop. I have used parsley in
a pinch to save a trip to the store.
• Red onion-Adds color and a toned down flavor.
• Jalapeno-Start with a small amount to keep it from
overwhelming the dish.
• Lime-I always gently fold the other ingredients together and
taste before adding the lime juice. It gives such a fresh taste to
this dish. Even a little makes a difference.
• Sea salt-You may want more after tasting.
• 1 cup diced mango
• ¾ cup diced pineapple
• ¾ cup pomegranate seeds (arils)*
• ¾ cup diced sweet peppers
• ¼ cup diced cilantro
• ¼ cup diced red onion
• ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped remove seeds for less heat)
• 1 lime (on the small side), grated zest and juiced
• ¼ tsp sea salt
You will need a medium bowl with fitted lid that seals.
1. In the bowl, fold everything together but the lime juice and salt.
2. Add the lime juice to taste; add salt; refrigerate until needed.
How to remove seeds from a pomegranate.
To remove the seeds from a pomegranate, thinly slice off the top,
then cut down into the white areas that divide the segments. They usually
have 4 or 6 segemnts. Thenit's a matter of removing the seeds. You can
use your fingers or a small spoon. Check all the little hidden pockets. They
will store for several days when put into a sealed container. I like to use
mango & pomegranate salsa, colorful salsa, holiday salsa, how to remove
I love this juicer. It's easy on the
hands to use and it costs less
than ten dollars.