Homemade Kuhlua Makes about 1½ quarts
• 2 cups boiling water
• 4 cups sugar
• 3 ounces of instant coffee
• 1 fifth of a good vodka
• 1 vanilla bean (slit in a few places along the length)
You will need a 2 quart container with a sealable top (do not use plastic)
1. In a large bowl, mix the water, sugar and coffee together, making sure that the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the vodka and vanilla bean; mix thoroughly.
3. Pour all the ingredients into the sealable container; seal; let sit in a dark place for a month (or longer).
The flavor improves with time.
homemade kuhlua, best homemade kuhlua